Menu

Online Art projects and artist study

mom31257

Does anyone know of a free online source to find artist studies along with suggested projects in similar style of that artist? I am forming a co-op with some friends and would love to have an art class like this. We don't have a lot of money to buy curriculum, but will be giving the kids a supply list of what to bring. We'll be meeting just 8 weeks, so I'd like to do an artist a week.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure about an Internet site, but I do know of a book I an recommend. It is called Discovering Great Artists: Hands-On Art for Children in the Styles of the Great Masters. I've used ideas from this book from time to time in my own art classes taught at the private school where I teach, and found the book to be quite helpful. There's more than enough information for a whole school year.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Take a look at our co-op's enrichment curriculum. (Link below my signature). We do eight great masters each year using free internet resources and books from the library.

It's actually written for a co-op (although it can be used individually). You're welcome to use the curriculum with your co-op.

• 2 weeks later...
Take a look at our co-op's enrichment curriculum. (Link below my signature). We do eight great masters each year using free internet resources and books from the library.

It's actually written for a co-op (although it can be used individually). You're welcome to use the curriculum with your co-op.

I just had to say how nice of you to share. :)