Menu

Anyone Go To Disneyworld During Homeschool Days?

My hubby had a business trip to Orlando scheduled for August, but today he found out that it was changed to September 21. What amazing timing, with their Homeschool Days being the 21st-22nd. Is it a great time to go to Disney, or is the place a wild zoo? :D

I haven't been to the actual homeschool part of it, but late Sept - early Dec is a great time to go to WDW, minus the longer holiday weekends tossed in there. (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc.)

See if they have the free dining plan if you book a pkg. I know they're offering it again this year, but we're going too late to use it, so I'm not positive what the dates are. (We're going mid-Oct.)

I looked again at the list of activities they have planned, and it looks like a lot of fun! We're just hoping that the heat is a bit less intense and that the crowds are less, too!

We've never been to the Homeschool Days, and I doubt we'll go this year as it seems like it is geared more for the third grade and up grades. I can't wait until my boys are a little older! :)

However, we are annual passholders so we go quite a bit. That time of year is generally very hot still. It doesn't really start to cool down until about mid-October. So be sure to dress for hot weather.

WRT the dining packages, Disney requires you to be a guest at one of their resorts in order to purchase the package. It's not a bad deal if you're planning on staying at a resort anyway. Since we found this place though, we never stay at the resorts anymore. For what you pay per night at the value resorts (glorified hotel room), you can get a 2-bedroom villas with full kitchen.

HTH. :)

Since we found this place though, we never stay at the resorts anymore. For what you pay per night at the value resorts (glorified hotel room), you can get a 2-bedroom villas with full kitchen.

HTH. :)

WOW! I just looked at the pictures and can't believe how luxurious they are! Thank you~