Menu

Do I need the DVD's for Prima Latina?

freeindeed

IMHO, no. If you have the pronounciation CD, that will help you learn Latin phonics, and that's all you need at that level. Latin phonics are pretty simple! That said, I have not actually seen the PL DVDs, but I did look at the LC DVDs in our brief foray into LC. I have used PL successfully without DVDs, though, which is how I formed my opinion. :001_smile:

We used it without the dvd's. The cd is a must, though. I'm sure the dvd is a nice extra, but it is certainly not going to affect the quality of the program if you just do the cd. I had planned on getting the dvd for LC, when things got harder. We switched to Lively Latin, which doesn't have a dvd option. I will say, my kids have found LL very easy after having had PL. They already know most of the vocabulary in the beginning.

I think you can live without the DVD for Prima and just get the audio CD. I like to review the audio CD on a daily basis to keep the vocabulary fresh. The lesson on the audio CD is generally around two minutes so it doesn’t add a lot of time to our Latin studies. The concepts are introduced very gently in Prima and I didn’t find the DVDs to be necessary. I am, however, glad I have the DVDs for LC I.