Menu

Do you teach drawing in addtion to your art program?

thundersweet

Just wondering if I should teach my dd to draw in addition to her regular art program. We'll be going with Atlelier this year. Is drawing a separate skill not included in your art programs? I see Homeschool Buyers Coop has the online Mark Kistler for a good price. Wondering if most actually teach drawing as well.

Thanks,

Sandy

I plan on teaching drawing seperate this coming year (our 2nd year homeschooling). We will be using Artisitic Pursuits and Mark Kistler's Draw Squad. My boys really love drawing and since Artistic Pursuits doesn't specifically teach it, they wanted something seperate.

We're doing Drawing with Children this year as well as finishing up Artistic Pursuits 2. Art was a total bust last year, but we really enjoyed AP 1 the year before. Sometimes though my children were overwhelmed with the simple instruction to go draw something. It was too open ended. So this year we're trying DwC alongside for a little more drawing instruction. And I'm doing it right along with them. I've never had an art class, I was always doing music, and I'd really like to learn how to draw.