Menu

Looking for fun math program with games (or a book of math games to supplement)

turnin' 360s

We have used MUS for several years, but it is a little dull and we always need supplementation to remember the math facts. Is there a program that implements games or games to purchase separately that make it more enjoyable. Maybe a book of games. Limited budget working with 4th grade and k boys. We will be using Times Tales this year.

You just made my day - these games look awesome! Any favorites? ;)

We have Knockout and Jellybeans. (My kids are 7, 5 and 3.) I got it last year to help dd-then6 nail down her addition and subtraction facts. Jellybeans was easier to start with, but once she had a decent grasp I much preferred to play Knockout. I actually enjoy playing it with her since it is not so mindless as many other +/- games! I'm just so impressed with the way it requires you to think about how all the numbers work together - you have to understand it, not just spit it out. Knockout is too much for my ds5 right now, but we haven't done any formal math yet. Based on my experience, I'd guess they are all good!

Oh! I also got "Polliwogs to Polygons" which dd has enjoyed. It is a fun independent worksheet practice for her. She enjoys being able to color in the design and make something out of it when she's done with the math - a good incentive.

HTH

We have Knockout and Jellybeans. (My kids are 7, 5 and 3.) I got it last year to help dd-then6 nail down her addition and subtraction facts. Jellybeans was easier to start with, but once she had a decent grasp I much preferred to play Knockout. I actually enjoy playing it with her since it is not so mindless as many other +/- games! I'm just so impressed with the way it requires you to think about how all the numbers work together - you have to understand it, not just spit it out. Knockout is too much for my ds5 right now, but we haven't done any formal math yet. Based on my experience, I'd guess they are all good!

Oh! I also got "Polliwogs to Polygons" which dd has enjoyed. It is a fun independent worksheet practice for her. She enjoys being able to color in the design and make something out of it when she's done with the math - a good incentive.

HTH

Thank you. I think I'll get Knockout and Muggins! Thank you for the heads up! I'll have to check out Polliwogs to Polygons.

The muggins games look fun - for those that have them, did you order the wooden boards with marbles or the wet marker wipe off boards? The price difference is pretty steep. I was considering the wipe off - I'm thinkng DD and DS would probably like those better anyway (the idea of using the marker, etc) But of course the wooden board games LOOK so nice....