Menu

If you have a DV-R on your computer

How do you copy DVDs?

I am really wanting some back ups to some of my more expensive DVDs, but when I put the original in the one DVD slot and the DV-R disk in the recordable slot it is saying I need some special software?

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Dawn

I believe you can download a free copy of Nero online (now, it may only have a free CD burner driver, but you'll just have to check). It's DVD burning software and pretty easy to use.

You may also want to try to find something online called DVD Shrink. I'm not sure if it's free, but since DH put it on my computer, it probably is.

You are correct. I was tired....I knew that didn't sound right.....thanks.

Dawn

I can't help, but was wondering what DV-R was (sounded like DVR, which is for TV). Dh said it's DVD-R.

Sorry, no help at all. But, hey, it's a bump!:lurk5:

Thanks. I will take a look.

Dawn

I believe you can download a free copy of Nero online (now, it may only have a free CD burner driver, but you'll just have to check). It's DVD burning software and pretty easy to use.

You may also want to try to find something online called DVD Shrink. I'm not sure if it's free, but since DH put it on my computer, it probably is.