Menu

R&S E5 vs. Growing with Grammar 5 & Writing Strands

A.J. at J.A.

I had planned on using GWG5 and Writing Strands with my 5th grader but DH asked me to review the new WTM again for logic stage (and I AM SO GLAD he did!) and now I'm reconsidering my grammar/writing ideas. I am not at all familiar with R&S English 5 and can't get a hold of it at our homeschool bookstore. Any feedback? I like the idea of it being rigorous.

We've always used Sonlight LA in the past, and I had him lined up to do SL LA 5 this year, but think I might have too much LA...I might have him just do the reading from the SL LA but then what a waste of money on having purchased the package. Oh well! Live and learn!

Let me know your thoughts,

Angela

Well, you know, GWG and Writing Strands is *still* a good option. That SWB might have updated some of her thoughts regarding the *new* thing doesn't necessarily mean that the *former* thing isn't any good.

You can request free samples from R&S by calling (606) 522-4348.

• 1 month later...

We had done GWG for 2 years and I really did like it. We've recently switched to R&S English and I like it a lot too! I am pleased with our switch and I like how R&S presents things. I think they are both strong programs, but I am glad that I switched.

I know this wasn't particularly helpful. Sorry. :confused:

Blessings,

Angela