Menu

Fat Loss for Idiots - thread #2

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on day 6 of this diet. I am probably around 15-20 pounds over my ideal weight. My scale only weighs to the .5 pound.

Starting day

Morning of day 2 - no weight loss

Morning of day 3 - 1.5 pounds

Morning of day 4 - 1.0 pounds

Morning of day 5 - .5 pounds

Morning of day 6 - 1.5 pounds

Total weight loss so far is 4.5 pounds

I finished the diet on Saturday. I really like that I rarely feel hungry anymore. I don't feel compelled to snack from 3pm on. That was always the time when I just seemed to need to eat a lot. I don't now.

I've been amazed at how quickly I fill up with my 4 meals. I'm eating a lot less than I did before the diet and don't really have any desire for sugar.

I did go up a pound on the scale this morning and that was disappointing. I know I had less than 1800 calories yesterday and all the calorie counter sites show that 1900 calories should maintain my goal weight (and I'm still 10 pounds over that). I get plenty of exercise, so that isn't an issue.

I want to be able to maintain my weight off the diet. I'm eating less than I was before the diet, so I shouldn't be gaining.

It's fruit day. Ugh. That's all I have to say. Oh, wait, can you spell S T A R V I N G? Because, yeah, I'm starving. Fruit does NOT stay in my system and I had to eat my sandwich for lunch because the fruit tore up my tummy again. I hate fruit day.

I'm thinking of drugging myself to sleep so I can wake up tomorrow and eat real food.

Oh wait, it's time for my next meal. Lets see, what shall I have? How about some more tummy destroying fruit! YUM! :lol:

It's fruit day. Ugh.

I am on day 6 of this diet. I am probably around 15-20 pounds over my ideal weight. My scale only weighs to the .5 pound.

Starting day

Morning of day 2 - no weight loss

Morning of day 3 - 1.5 pounds

Morning of day 4 - 1.0 pounds

Morning of day 5 - .5 pounds

Morning of day 6 - 1.5 pounds

Total weight loss so far is 4.5 pounds

I have stayed the same for two days in a row now. But today is veggie day so maybe that will help!

Morning of day 7 - no weight loss

Morning of day 8 - no weight loss

I lost 5 pounds total -1.5 the first two days and the rest came off in the last 3-4 days.

I've gained back 1.5 in the week I have not done it. I did not have any loss of appetite that others experienced after going off the plan. I have tried to eat very healthy though. I have not gorged and have only had one sweet (popcorn ball that kids made). I have slacked on water since coming off though. I plan to do another round starting Monday (on vacation this weekend).

Edited by AuntPol

Starting Day 5 today and I am down about 3 1/2 pounds. I'm having a hard time drinking all my water though. :tongue_smilie:

I also purchased some fiber pills to help, well, you know. ;) I noticed many of the Metamucil products contain carbs. I didn't think that would bode well for this particular diet, so after much looking, I finally found some pills at Walmart that are 100% Psyllium Husk Fiber (no carbs) for $4 (Equate Fiber Therapy 160 capsules). They worked like a charm! :D

Caia, Melissa in CA, Adrianne in TX, Aunt Pol, and anyone else I've missed . . . I want to encourage you to keep on with your weight loss plan. (Also, good idea about the fiber pill. I wish I had done that!)

My dh and I did the 11 days and each of us lost 6.4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks since then and my dh has lost another 6.6 for a total of 13 lbs. I have only lost another pound for a total of 7.4 lbs. We look at it as a grand total of 20.4 lbs. together!

We thought the 11 day diet was a good jump start. We are loosely following the WW core plan now, but basically drinking more water than before, eating more vegetables and fruit than before, eating less sugar and bread, and not feeling guilty if we eat 4 times a day. I learned I can eat steamed vegetables at breakfast for example, where before that seemed odd. Now I see it is a good way to get more vegetables into my day. We have a lot of weight to lose, so that 11 day diet was not going to be a quick fix for us. However, it sure got us back on track to a healthier way of eating.

Again, my best to all of you!

Edited by Evergreen State Sue
Did the math wrong!

Caia, Melissa in CA, Adrianne in TX, Aunt Pol, and anyone else I've missed . . . I want to encourage you to keep on with your weight loss plan. (Also, good idea about the fiber pill. I wish I had done that!)

My dh and I did the 11 days and each of us lost 6.4 lbs. It has been 2 weeks since then and my dh has lost another 6.4 for a total of 13 lbs. I have only lost another pound for a total of 7.4 lbs. We look at it as a grand total of 20.4 lbs. together!

Congrats! My husband has continued to lose, too, while dd and I haven't. I think men's metabolisms are easier to manipulate than women's. Still... it's progress!

We're gearing up to start another cycle on Monday. Anybody else starting soon?

TOP OF THE MORNING TO ALL~

Thanks for the word of encouragement.

I am getting close to the the 11th day-yeah! Today I have lost .6 for a total of 7.8. I have told IRL friends that I wont go back on for another month or so but I am thinking about off a week and then starting again the next Monday-it hasn't been too bad and I feel I could work my families meals a bit better so that we all would be eating the same proteins for dinner and they can have the sides. I am shocked I have not missed rice and pasta as much as I thought I would. A word of advice to anyone starting this, start on a Monday or Tuesday so you don't have to do 2 full weekends on it (weekends are hard for me) and get fiber pills to start with!

Happy Eating today~

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!! I actually gained weight today--yes i am peeved-it was .4lb but I didnt overeat nor eat anything I wasnt supposed to~:glare:

I did walk for and 1 1/2 hr and went to the gym and did some weights and rowing machine-if the trackers are right I burned 850 calories. Yeah Yeah I know I am building muscle--I really just want the weight to be gone-muscle smuscle~~~

Well today is the last day so I will behave and follow thru but if I gain weight again I am going to be angry...very angry (in my best Marvin the Martian voice)

• 1 month later...

Hi Karen,

I know there were at least a couple of people who did this diet this summer that had done it more than once. I'm not quite ready to try it again. I have kept the weight off that I lost while doing this plan, but no extra. I think I would need to plan my food a little better next time. Salmon and halibut were quite expensive choices! Vegetable day was the hardest for me, but next time I would include vegetable soup. That would feel warm and filling at this time of year.

My best to you in planning for Monday and officially starting. Keep us posted on your progress. Somehow that was helpful for me to report in almost daily.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

So much for daily posts! :blush:

Diet has been going well, but I seem to be quite fixated on thoughts of non-diet food! I started Day 8 today with a total loss of 7.5 lbs. This really works. I don't know how long I could sustain it though...

I'm happy to be jump starting my weightloss! Thank you to whomever started the first FL4I thread.

So much for daily posts! :blush:

Diet has been going well, but I seem to be quite fixated on thoughts of non-diet food! I started Day 8 today with a total loss of 7.5 lbs. This really works. I don't know how long I could sustain it though...

I'm happy to be jump starting my weightloss! Thank you to whomever started the first FL4I thread.

7.5 is excellent! Keep up the good work!