Menu

Feedback on "GENEROUS GEORGE's"? (In Northern Va.)

Has anyone been there? Our two grand-daughters are visiting next week, and DD30 (!!!!!YIKES) and I are planning one special thing per day -- I was thinking about a special place to take all five kids to either lunch or dinner, and GG came to mind. I have not ever been there -- I once taught with a teacher who held end of year parties there for many years running.

We have one very close to us, and I've planned everything except a restaurant (and I use that term 'loosely') :w00t: for a meal out.

My grand-daughters are 5.5y/o and almost 3.5y/o.

would have been my first choice (the one that USED to be at Tysons) but they closed a few years ago -- don't know why....arranged to meet dh there one night with the kids for a bite to eat, and he got there (well, not really) and RfC was gone.

I had never heard of GG's until an associate mentioned it to me - there has been one in Alexandria for a long time -- have only driven past it, :auto: but a new one has opened off the Toll Road (guess GG's management didn't see this economic thing coming).

Since you were in Falls Church -- did you ever go to the 'Original Pancake House'? that's another place that is on my radar. Thanks!

Oh no! That's sad about the Rainforest Cafe. I wanted to take the kids there at some point (we're just across the river now). :(

I'm trying to remember which one the Original Pancake House was. We used to just go to IHOP.

I do know though, that there is a diner right at 7 corners that we really did *not* like.

Honestly, all the ethnic food is the big thing we miss about moving from there.

There is a really neat Chinese buffet right there if that interests you (I can find out the name). They have normal stuff, but lots of ethnic dishes I have never seen anywhere else (like chicken feet :lol:).

So I am imagining the look on the faces of all five kids! :eek:

I actually know where you are talking about -- I had to drive DD to a bible club at a friend's house last week, and the twins and I were looking for a Starbcks and we passed the place you mentioned.

The 'original' pancake house is on the left, at the very end of a strip of places if you are heading towards 'the clay cafe' (which is one of our stops for fun. I have no problem with IHOP - of course, I haven't eaten more than 500 calories a day in the past 6 weeks, so I will be looking at an egg white omelet which is fine with me.

Falls Church is definitely the place we head if we are looking for some interesting choices in food!

I am disappointed that Rainforest is gone -- I'll post a review of GG's if we go -- I will check out their website and maybe send DH on reconaissance.

thanks!

Thank you! I am only concerned that perhaps there is a horrific experience that someone has had, or complaints of consistently bad food, service, something!

Your response is a help! I guess that with Rainforest Cafe long-gone.......we will try GG's!

Thanks again --

We have been to the one in Alexandria many times, mostly years ago when dh was in seminary at VTS.

I didn't know there was more than one! The decor in Alex. is cute--bright pastels. We LOVE the "everything" pizza, whatever they call it (can't recall the name). It's some of the best pizza I've ever had. George himself is a Christian, and active in his community.