Menu

Does this commercial freak anyone else out?

It's the Terminix (I think) commercial where those HUGE insects are delivering pizza and trying to get in people's homes. I get so completely freaked out when I see the commercials. I cannot take it!! And I'm not even freaked out by real insects. Please tell me I am not alone!

You're probably too young to remember the Raid commercials with actors dressed up like giant bugs. Of course, you also may be too young to remember the "Candy Gram" skits on Saturday Night Live where a shark is trying to fool Gilda Radner (or was it Lorraine Newman?) into letting him into her apartment. I'm more bothered by gags in commercials that aren't really that clever or new than I am by giant bugs.

Edited by Janet in WA

Yes, those you mentioned must have been before my time. :D

Do you remember "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz"?

"I can't believe I ate the WhOLE thing." "You ate it, Ralph"

"My momma taught me all that whitening,

Would make me too exciting.

But Momma never told me about

Ultra-Brite"?

"Winston tastes good like a cigarette should"?

"Put a tiger in your tank"?

"Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick?"?

It's the Terminix (I think) commercial where those HUGE insects are delivering pizza and trying to get in people's homes. I get so completely freaked out when I see the commercials. I cannot take it!! And I'm not even freaked out by real insects. Please tell me I am not alone!

I get freaked out by the giant bugs.

But, you know what is even more freakish? The gray-haired IKEA lady who haunts people - I mean narrates commercials. I cannot stand those commercials. I change the channel - always.