Menu

LLATL opinions...

Deana FL

Looking to hear opinions on LLATL...I have never considered using this curriculum, but a friend recently gave me all the HS books (tan, green, gray and gold). I'm browsing the books...just thought I'd ask here for first-hand experience opinions.

Thanks!

I like it. I have used it for a couple of years. I like that it incorporates grammar and dictation as well as creative writing assignments. I also like that it doesn't have an overwhelming number of books to read. I wanted so much to do Sonlight, but I just COULDN'T keep up with the reading selections, I found LLATL and haven't looked back. I also like that it's dictation exercises use excerpts from other books, that are not assigned, that can pique your interest in reading the whole thing without it being required reading. :)

Well, I really like LLATL, I know for some it doesn't work and the grammar is considered "lite" but it is exactly what I want in a program. Some people use the books a grade level ahead and I think Dayle in Guatemala mentioned that she added in Brimwood press's writing at about 4th grade. I would give it a try or at least have the kids look at the books and see if they would be interested in using them.

We are finishing up FLL4, which is extremely teacher intensive. While I love FLL, I'd rather not be so involved.

With LLATL, it looks like I can pretty much hand my dd11 the student book and she'd be alright on her own. Is this your experience?

Thank you again...

We are finishing up FLL4, which is extremely teacher intensive. While I love FLL, I'd rather not be so involved.

With LLATL, it looks like I can pretty much hand my dd11 the student book and she'd be alright on her own. Is this your experience?

Thank you again...

I think it can certainly be student lead. The instructions are pretty straight forward and assignements always follow detailed explanations of what is required so if your child can work independently I don't see why not. :)

The lessons look too long to complete in one day. What does your schedule look like? 1 or 2 per week?

The lessons are not very long, there is one per day. LLATL can be done independently with the exception of dictation as was brought out...:)

I like it but not as a stand alone AIO.