Menu

Does anyone follow TWTM recs for PSAT, SAT, and ACT?

Page 672 of 3rd edition TWTM:

Beginning in 10th grade, spend at least an hour a day working through one of the review guides published by Barron's, the College Board, or the Princeton Review.

So, if you do this, the student ought to get a high school credit for it based on the Carnegie Unit. What would you call it? Test Taking Skills? Obviously, it would be considered an elective. Somehow I don't see colleges looking favorably upon stating a year's worth of PSAT/SAT/ACT prep.

Anybody BTDT?

High school is getting closer. Be afraid. Be very afraid....:001_unsure:

Yes, Florida schools have SAT prep classes (FLVS used to have such a class, though I'm not sure whether it's still offered). I didn't list it on the transcript because my dc won't need the credit and I just don't see a need to list test prep.

Lisa

That's interesting. Ds took FLVS keyboarding last semester, and I think I remember seeing it listed then, but it's not anymore.

So, has anyone actually listed it on a high school transcript?

My recent graduate did some test prep though nothing like an hour a day. I chose not to list it on her transcript. I'd rather they (college admission officers) thought her naturally talented!

Regards,

Kareni

Yes, an hour a day does seem like a lot. And I totally agree with wanting the colleges to think the student is naturally that bright. :D

• 2 months later...
Page 672 of 3rd edition TWTM:

So, if you do this, the student ought to get a high school credit for it based on the Carnegie Unit. What would you call it? Test Taking Skills? Obviously, it would be considered an elective. Somehow I don't see colleges looking favorably upon stating a year's worth of PSAT/SAT/ACT prep.

Anybody BTDT?

High school is getting closer. Be afraid. Be very afraid....:001_unsure:

I don't think WTM recommends putting it on the transcript.