Menu

Is St. Jude's the only one who uses old greeting cards?

I'm in the middle of a major declutter, and have tons of old birthday/christmas cards. Is St. Jude's the only charity that actively reuses them? Any other suggestions? I hate to toss them if they could be used, but I'm ready to PURGE!!!!!!!

Rita

I have always thought this would make a fun fall party, and a way to use up new left over cards:

Get some friends together and put all your old Christmas cards into stacks and trade them out. Or do a mix and match set and everyone gets a stack. The more people bring, the more they go home with.

Much like a cookie or dessert swap.

I also have thought about trying to organize a simple school fundraiser (we are in a public school/home school hybrid) that has everyone donate left over cards at the end of the holidays, (or throughout the year if you have a drop box) and then let the kids bundle them and sell them off for cheap...like $1 for a pack of 12 the next fall. A simple sort of funny, religious, nostalgic etc would be the only way to know what was in the pile.

If I ever did do this I was going to try to get dh's coworkers to chip in some old cards and hit up a few neighbors. I think most people have some cards laying around that they won't be using and would like to find a way to get rid of them.

Doesn't help you now...but maybe someone else knows of something similar that is already up an going.