Menu

Favorite science workbooks and why?

muffinmom

I do like Evan Moor for specific topics. I also like McGraw Hill's Complete Book of Science for use over multi-years with a larger variety of topics. I just pull out those sheets I need for the year and include them in my science workbook for that year.

I also find a ton of free printables online, including Enchanted Learning for labeling exercises.

I would like to supplement BFSU with some workbooks and I'm looking for suggestions. Just ran across Evan-Moor ones. What else is out there that you have liked?

I haven't used them yet, but I was considering doing the same thing with the Evan-Moor workbooks and BFSU. Would you be using the workbooks as something totally separate or do topics that correspond with what you are doing in BFSU? The later is what I'm considering.

I haven't used them yet, but I was considering doing the same thing with the Evan-Moor workbooks and BFSU. Would you be using the workbooks as something totally separate or do topics that correspond with what you are doing in BFSU? The later is what I'm considering.

I was thinking in terms of the latter as well...mine the good nuggets from BFSU on a topic and insert them in a workbook lesson.

I don't know anything about BFSU but we have used the Evan-Moore ScienceWorks series along with Usborne books (and other info books) as our main science spine. I love EM's experiments, lab sheets, notebook and workbook pages. I love that at the end of a topic we have a completed book of information that i bind together. DS loves looking back through his work and rereading the information that we learned :)