Menu

History-based Writing from Excellence in Writing---Has anyone used these?

Janie

We'll be doing the Medieval History-Based writing lessons this coming year, so I can't tell you much about it (yet), but I *can* say that the reason I'm using it is because I thought the Ancient History-Based writing lessons (which we used last year) were fantastic.

I like the IEW program in general, and these history-based writing lessons were the perfect dovetail to our studies.

I'm on my second round of US history-based writing lessons. I think they're fantastic. Volume 1 is perfect for middle school level. It says that it's for 3rd-9th graders, but I think it's really geared more for 5th-9th graders. Volume 2 is for 8th-12th graders. There's a definite leap up in difficulty from volume 1 to volume 2.

Each volume is set up to last a full year. They can both be done in one year if you have a dedicated high school student who is already familiar with the IEW methodology, but it's much better to do one each year.

We'll be doing the Medieval History-Based writing lessons this coming year, so I can't tell you much about it (yet), but I *can* say that the reason I'm using it is because I thought the Ancient History-Based writing lessons (which we used last year) were fantastic.

I like the IEW program in general, and these history-based writing lessons were the perfect dovetail to our studies.

:iagree: We are using the Ancient History-Based lessons this year and find it very easy to use. I am planning on continuing on to Medieval History when we're done.