Menu

Queen Hs-Pictures in Cursive? Best Cursive??

happyWImom

I just saw that Queen Homeschool has "Pictures in Cursive", which is teaching cursive while doing picture study & using copywork for practice.

Has anyone used/seen this? Also, if not, what has been your best/easiest cursive program? Dd is 7 & very artistic, so that's why I thought Queen's would be good.

I haven't seen the Queen program, but it sounds very interesting! I like the combination of handwriting instruction, copywork, and illustration, and I think my ds would have enjoyed it.

We use BJU Handwriting, and it's quite easy to learn and is attractive and flowing, without being "girly," as my ds would put it! There are samples of BJU Handwriting at Christianbook.com, if you'd like to see them, but the program you mentioned sounds like it might be more fun. Is it in workbook format, like Draw Write Now?

Cat

My dd is using the primer in the Pictures in Cursive series, and both she and I really like it. The artwork is lovely, and the handwriting practice is CM-style copywork. The primer starts with letters (no artwork for this part, just copywork), then works up to words, phrases, and very simple sentences (based on the artwork). We plan to continue with Book A when she finishes this one. Is there anything else you would like to know about it?

I'm so glad you posted this question! I saw the previous thread about Queen Homeschool and immediately eyed the cursive program, as well. To intertwine picture study and cursive, simply brilliant! We have been using A Reason for Handwriting for cursive, but the children frequently want me to provide a cursive sentence for them to copy and draw a picture pertaining to the sentence. I was thinking I may just create my own sentences and use our own picture study. Though it would be nice to just buy the program already made...the pricing is a bit too much for me, when you take into consideration all the workbooks.

Christine

wife & mom to 4

Jena 8.5

Aodan 6.5

Espen almost 3

Cormack 5 months

I haven't seen the Queen program, but it sounds very interesting! I like the combination of handwriting instruction, copywork, and illustration, and I think my ds would have enjoyed it.

We use BJU Handwriting, and it's quite easy to learn and is attractive and flowing, without being "girly," as my ds would put it! There are samples of BJU Handwriting at Christianbook.com, if you'd like to see them, but the program you mentioned sounds like it might be more fun. Is it in workbook format, like Draw Write Now?

Cat

I think it is a workbook format, and I looked at samples of it on Queen's website. I really like everything I've gotten from them, so we might give it a try. Dd wants to start cursive "Right Now!!"

I just saw that Queen Homeschool has "Pictures in Cursive", which is teaching cursive while doing picture study & using copywork for practice.

Has anyone used/seen this? Also, if not, what has been your best/easiest cursive program? Dd is 7 & very artistic, so that's why I thought Queen's would be good.

I have the Queen PiC for my two. I have tried a couple of cursive programs and my ds simply hated/refused to do them, my dd did them but really didn't like them. When I got the Queens and showed them to my dc they were both excited and are doing great with them. I started my ds out in the primer as he really hasn't gotten anywhere with any other but my dd I started out in A. They are going slow and easy. I am also doing copy sheets to go along with WWE for my dd using Write Start. I may do the same with my ds when he gets started with WWE in Aug.

My mom saw it at a homeschool conference and she really liked it. Is there anything religious in it?

Thanks,

Heather

I have not seen anything. It is simple one line descriptions of the pictures. The pictures are beautiful by the way.

I do think they are a bit over priced but my kids really like them so will probably keep using them for awhile.