Menu

Omnibus II (Veritas)...I think I'm in love, but not with it's price -is it worth it?

titianmom

Hi all,

I'm looking at the sample online for Omnibus II and I'm in love. However, given that the program is $100 and you still have to buy the books, I think it's pretty outrageous price-wise.

Yeah, I know; you get history and Bible in with the Lit, but still...$100? Whew.

Is it worth it? WHo can sing it's praises for me to sell me on this? :)

Thanks!

Kim

PS: And who thought it wasn't worth the price to them....

We did Omni II - actually we did half of Omni II :001_smile: last year - we are still working through it. I was able to buy the book for $75 and borrowed all of the books from a friend. However, the books are all sooo good, my dh wants to buy them! It is a good program. Great intros to all of the books, good reading list. I think it's worth it. We'll continue with Omnibus. You migth do a search- there's been lots discussed on Omni- especially on the high school board.

$100 for a textbook of such high quality, plus a CD of the entire text and all the answers plus extras--not really outrageous, imo. See if you can find it used.

Omnibus enabled me to homeschool my first and second years, doing the GB's that I had never read. It was the highlight of our years homeschooling. I was never as satisfied with a program as I was with Omnibus. Not to say I didn't tweak, but I tweaked less than with any other program.

Worth every penny.

I'm reading through Omnibus 1 to prepare for dd in a couple years, and it's ABSOLUTELY worth the price. It's terrific. Just plunk over the money and do it. The book is well made and the commentary is spot-on. You'd regret it if you tried to do a great books study, wanted that christian viewpoint, and DIDN'T buy Omnibus, because no other source pulls together so well, in one place, all the helps you need. Get it!

And yes, like the other poster, my dh is salivating over his dd's school books. ;)