Menu

Copyright Qs

You're fine! Vendors are looking to protect two things with a copyright:

1. Proprietary information

2. Profit

As long as you're not trying to get out of buying another book and not giving away the important parts of a program to the masses for free, you're just fine.

Blesssings,

You're fine! Vendors are looking to protect two things with a copyright:

1. Proprietary information

2. Profit

As long as you're not trying to get out of buying another book and not giving away the important parts of a program to the masses for free, you're just fine.

Blesssings,

So pics of their stuff with glowing reviews isn't something a vendor would be unhappy about? I'm so paranoid about doing it wrong.

I would investigate further. As I interpret the article at the link I'll insert, it probably would constitute a violation.

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/copyright-law-12-dos-and-donts/

I would "err" toward caution and enquire of the workbook publishers, offering specifics of what you wish to do.

I know about making copies for other people to use, or to be able to resell- I know that's wrong.

But what about taking a picture of a workbook page to put on a blog? To show your child's progress? Does that violate copyright?

I would investigate further. As I interpret the article at the link I'll insert, it probably would constitute a violation.

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/copyright-law-12-dos-and-donts/

I would "err" toward caution and enquire of the workbook publishers, offering specifics of what you wish to do.

That link further confused me, to be honest.

Copyright law IS confusing !

With respect to what you should do, is that I have not studied copyright law since I was in class in 1985 !

For your case -- which everybody here would agree, surely unanimously, is TOTALLY harmless in intent ! -- I paused to ponder the following excerpts from the blog:

"DON'T" -- numbers 7, 10, and 11.

That link further confused me, to be honest.
Edited by Orthodox6

TO be perfectly safe, you're always best to contact the vendor and ask. Were you to ask me, I would be honored! :-) But, better safe than sorry, right?

That's the conclusion I'm coming to- and I plan to email all the vendors of stuff I want to use and I'll ask. :001_smile:

I definitely would do it and I wouldn't email the author, rebel that I am. Il think Fair Use is a legal right as worthy of protection as someone's copyright and most reasonable folk would view photocopying a page for review purposes a good example of Fair Use.