Menu

Am I being a bad daughter-in-law if I make a stink about the lastest

:D You won't always have your IL's. What is wrong with making them happy by taking a picture once or even twice a year? How many inane things do we make our children do that they absolutely abhor or even want to just roll their eyes at (if they were allowed to do so that is!)

Adriana

dd7

dd4

dd10mos

Margaret, I'm so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

Having just returned from the funeral of my oldest dd's fiance, I say, suck it up and do it. I treasure the photos we took with him and the rest of the family at the military academy ball. No, he didn't want to get dressed up--he was gracious and did it anyway, and I'm grateful he did. I only wish we had more...

On my 19th birthday my mom refused to take a picture with my brother and I. Her exact words were, "We've have the rest of our lives to take pictures." She just didn't feel like it.

She was dead less than 2 months later. It's been over 20 years and the lack of that picture still brings tears to my eyes.

I'm sorry it still makes you feel sad. :grouphug:

Regrets are just terrible, aren't they? :(

Cat

First of all I've got food to prepared for the potluck (new to this family), 5 kids to dress, 3 little African American girls who need new do's, and a lot of psyching myself up to do this.

About the hair -- I know it can be stressful and time-consuming, so how about getting cute little hats for the kids? Even cheap, colorful baseball caps or little sun hats look adorable on children, and it would save you the trouble of dealing with their hair. Maybe you could get matching hats for all of your kids, and they'd all look coordinated for the photo.

Cat