Menu

Tell me about Science Explorer

jensway

Can anyone tell me about Prentice Hall Science Explorer? I have a soon to be 6th grade son that I thought this might be good for. I looked at their website, it's a bit over whelming--not sure which one to choose.

I am using their Earth Science for 6th grade, Life Science for 7th grade, and Physical Science for 8th grade.

Not too sure what I can help you with. I did not like the idea of 24 smaller books over 3 years. The Earth, Life, and Physical have additional online helps available. You can order them fairly cheap on amazon's marketplace.

HTH! :)

My daughter used them in public school for 6th grade and private school for 7th grade. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the topics. She really learned a lot from the books. They are a bit text-booky but not bad.

I just ordered an Apologia science book for 7th/8th grade and if I don't like it I am going to go with Science Explorer.

Thank you all so much! I was trying to decide on a science program for my soon to be 6th grade son, who likes hands on stuff. Angie your review was very helpful. H.S. Burrow l like your idea: 6th-Earth Science, 7th-Life Science, 8th-Physical Science. I also did not like the thought of so many little books. Thanks for the heads up about Amazon, will look there.

I was really looking for a science program that my son could use through middle school staying with one program. I thinks this helps him to stay with a certain program for a few years, than to switch every year. That is the way he learns the best.