Menu

How much melatonin for a 10yo?

Hi Lisa!

It is for regulating your sleep cycle, so if your child has been unable to get to sleep and wake up early enough, then it will help to sort that out. :)

I also find that very small doses work for me, and I have given DD a tiny dose (like 1/8 of a 500 mcg pill) and it works well. It might depend on the person... I have heard that it is safe to give much more than that. There was a thread here about it, in fact.

My 10yo and 8 yo both take the 500mcg tablets. I never tried halving the tablets, so don't know if a lower dosage would have worked for them, but the 500mcg seems to be enough. Ds has commented, though, that he has to have his room dark and be trying to fall asleep for it to work - if he stays up and plays or reads, it doesn't work.

Hi Lisa!

It is for regulating your sleep cycle, so if your child has been unable to get to sleep and wake up early enough, then it will help to sort that out. :)

I also find that very small doses work for me, and I have given DD a tiny dose (like 1/8 of a 500 mcg pill) and it works well. It might depend on the person... I have heard that it is safe to give much more than that. There was a thread here about it, in fact.

Carmen,

Thank you for the info. - this is good to know :001_smile:

Lisa