Menu

Need a girl book recommendation on character

I'm looking for a character building book for my ten-year old girl. Nothing to fluffy or mainstream, but definitely scripture based. She has made her first friends since we moved to our new home. They live across the street , are hsed, and are 7 and 11.

Let thy foot be seldom in thy neighbor's house, Lest he be weary of thee, and hate thee. Proverbs 25:17

And so the "games" begin. ;)

I've been looking at keepersofthefaith.com. They have some things for boys and girls. They also have a book for each of 16 christian character traits. They are only $5.45, so very affordable. In fact, if anyone's used it, let me know your opinions (not to hijack or anything).

Controlling the tongue, having a meek and quiet spirit, gentleness, faithfulness, truthfulness.

Thinking more along the lines of non-fiction.

Maybe you should think about holding off on the "meek and quiet spirit" trait until you make sure the kids across the street are similarly minded. ;)

I'm not trying to be a nuisance here, and I'm definitely not a "meek and quiet" woman, so maybe I shouldn't have responded to your post, but girls can be pretty catty, and it's not unheard-of for them to take advantage of a gentler girl because they don't see the fine character; they just see someone they can boss around.

I hope that, when you find a book to help your dd become a kind, truthful, and decent person, it also stresses the importance of standing up for herself. I have seen a few books that sound like girls should be doormats, and that really bugs me!

Cat