Menu

Favorite Bible Story Books?

3Rivers

Do you have a favorite Bible Story Book that you and your children love? I'm looking for something that (hopefully) all my kids could appreciate, from ages 5 to 11. My older kids enjoy the Vos book, but my little one gets lost in too much detail.

If there isn't one that all would like, then I really NEED one that would hold my little guy's attention.

Thanks in advance.

~ Jamie

We use the Jesus Storybook Bible for our read-aloud time with kids ages: 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 and then our oldest reads independently from her ESV Children's Bible (which is the same as the regular adult version but with some illustrations here and there). We also use Vos. The JSB is fully illustrated and shows how the Old Test. stories all foreshadow the coming of Christ, which is something that I know I never learned growing up and my children have caught onto very easily.

HTH,

Caryn

I'll just throw this out as an idea. Have you ever read or seen Character Sketches from the Pages of Scripture, Illustrated in the World of Nature? There are three volumes to this series and my parents read it to my three siblings and me as we were growing up (7 years in difference between the oldest and youngest). We all looked forward to the stories which took an animal and described an admirable character trait and then a person from Scripture that illustrated a similar trait.

My favorite part of this series was the beautiful illustration of each animal. I've never forgotten them:) If you're kids are interested in animals at all, I would think they'd enjoy this series.

It would be a little more work to track these books down since I don't think they're in print, but I just saw some listed on Amazon... Anyway, not sure if they'd fit your family, but they're one of the favorite memories I have from family devotions as a child:)

We have read the Egermeier's Bible Story Book at least twice through at this age level and enjoyed it immensely. Good accuracy for a children's Bible and nice quaint pictures. We usually read two or three stories at a sitting while the children color a coordinating picture from the Bible picture timeline. Not all stories have a picture. Hope you find this helpful.