Menu

Calling All Hive Doctors!

What the heck is going on with me? I've got the weirdest pain in my belly...if you put your hand btwn your hip and belly button, under the ribs, fingers pointing downwards on the right side, that's where it is.

Weird.

I'm falling apart! :leaving:

Dr isn't working on a Saturday. No fever though. Worst comes to worst, we have walk in clinics though...or the ER if its supremely bad.

The doctor will give advice over the phone. And if he says you need to go to ER, the doctor can often call ahead and shorten your ER wait. He can't always shorten the wait, but sometimes he can. Especially if he comes in to see you.

My dd was experiencing severe pain in that area. The doctor sent her to the emergency ward at the hospital thinking it was appendicitis. After a very long wait, and a few tests, they determined that it wasn't appendicitis, but rather a ruptured cyst on her right ovary. Apparently this is not uncommon during ovulation. When the cyst ruptures, the liquid in the ovary causes a lot of pain until the liquid absorbs back into the system. It's not serious, but it is very painful. Are you ovulating?

Lori

I had a pain so bad once that I seriously thought I was heading to the ER (it hurt to move or take deep breaths for over an hour). On a whim I decided to try some Gas-X to make sure it wasn't just gas caught. It helped, so I figured I wasn't dying. All that to say, it might have been gas.