Menu

Writing with Ease 3 or Writing Tales 1 AND Growing with Grammar 3 or FLL 3

mhblue5

I'm hoping someone out there can help me? We have used WWE2 and FLL2 successfully this year (2nd grade). I've been thinking about curriculum choices for next year.

1. FLL1 and FLL2 worked well for us, should I continue it? I see several others have switched to GWG3... How are they similar and how are they different?

2. WWE2 was also a good first, but then I see a lot of people on this board are using WT1 so again I'm questioning myself. If anyone has seen both, can you please tell me how they are the same/differences?

Thank you for your time!

Cristina

Mom to 2 girls

I haven't used WWE but we are finishing up with Writing Tales. Its a fun program, more hands on. I know there are some that combine using WWE and Writing Tales. The only thing is that Writing Tales only has two levels. I believe Amy is working on the 3rd but it won't be out in time for us this coming school year. Sigh.

My 3rd grader used WWE2 and GWG3 this year and it is going very well! I also considered doing WWE3 and GWG4 next year, but in the end decided that we will go to WT1 with GWG 4.

My ds has expressed interest in adding his own creative touches, and that is the one thing that finalized my choice with WT1.

I haven't seen FLL3, but my kids really enjoy GWG (we used 1 and 3 this year.) It is actually my 6 year old's favorite subject right now! :001_smile:

Between WWE3 and WT1, I really don't think you could go wrong with either choice. I believe the workbook for WWE3 is expected to be out at the end of summer/beginning of fall. What I did to make my decision was look at the samples of WT1 online, read the many posts on this board, and then talked a bit to my ds about what he wanted to do. I put all that together and we decided on WT1. I can't say that will be your choice, but I do think it is worth considering both.

The one thing that WWE3 does a lot of that isn't included in WT1 is dictation...I will need to find another way to include this.