Menu

Mastering Mathematics

Marsha

We actually never used the games. I would gauge how

long I thought a particular page would take and I'd have

him work an hour a day if he was working diligently.

My son did well with this program. If he began getting bored

with long multiplication then we'd start the division book and

return to the multiplication. Hope this helps.

Marsha, I used this my son's 3rd and most of his 4rth grade year. We simply went through all the books from addition to beginning division.

At the end of the 4rth grade, I became afraid that he was missing something and tested him into paces 4rth grade and he tested at the end of their 4rth grade math.

He wasn't behind at all, and went on to complete the paces all the way to the 6th grade and did very well. The paces really beefed up in the 5th and 6th grade.

We did play all the games. My son loved them! I enjoyed them, only I found myself having to say, we will only play one game, or half an hour, if not the games took way too long. :)

We actually followed her schedule of one book at a time, but it is very easy to follow the second schedule in the book of only using a certain amount of pages from each book.

The tm has suggestions and pages for money, time, and temperature, so it's very easy to add that in. You can purchase a cheap Spectrum math book for word problems if you wanted to add extra word problems.

Even though I am using CLE math with my second son, I have never sold my Mastering Mathematics and may use it to supplement, or to be the main program as right now CLE math was given to me and it's still in its testing phase for this particular son. (extremely slow learner in math)

HTH,

Dee