Menu

old

I looked at the basic and played around with it for a while, but thought it was too complicated. I kept going back and looking at it, and one day just took the plunge! I took a while to figure it all out and get all of my lesson plans into it, but now it makes my weekly and daily planning so much easier. It's a great program!

:iagree:

I was looking for a professional looking transcript when I found homeschool tracker and luckily I went right to the plus version. There are so many lesson plans now on the yahoo groups pages that they had to do a complete overhaul and add some new subgroups to fit them all.

I used Homeschool Tracker Basic this year and was really pleased. Next year, though, I will be including ds in Bible and History lessons. Is there a way to attach a lesson plan activity to more than one student in HT Basic (without cutting and pasting info.)?

If I understand your question correctly, yes, you can enter the lesson for one student, then click "Copy" and select which student. You can do the same thing to make a recurring assignment for one or more students. You can also use the "copy" feature to set incremental assignments. For instance, if you enter an assignment for Math Lesson 1, use the copy feature and tell it to recur every day in one lesson increments until whatever end date you desire.

I've been using the basic version for a year now and plan to upgrade this spring/summer (just haven't gotten around to it yet.) I'm a little puzzled about the difficulties you mentioned though. The only real problems I've had are dealing with our wireless network and printer, not HST's fault. Are the features in the Plus version that complicated? I'm just hoping to be able to set times for assignments so I don't have to remind DS over and over to not do everything he likes first, saving all the stuff he doesn't like for the afternoon.

I splurged on the PLUS program from the beginning. I've been organized and had written lesson plans before. AND I've done the seat-of-the-pants schooling, too. Hands-down, our family will get more done when there are lesson plans in place.

So, I knew that I wanted to use a computer program to make lesson plans. Thus, the splurge.

I have 4 kids in TOG 1, so I had a lot of lesson plans to enter. I spent spare time for 4-5 weeks last summer writing up lesson plans for TOG, 4 levels of math, science, vocabulary, writing, music, PE, etc.

Now, each Sunday evening, I print out lesson plans for 4 kids in under 15 minutes, and that usually included printing off maps for the week!

We've been on-track the whole year (except when Fargo tried to wash away in the spring flood and we were evacuated....but that's another story!).

I could make a professional transcript independently of the program, but I can't faithfully commit several hours each weekend to writing up lesson plans for 4 kids.