Menu

How can I get less "spam" in my e-mail?

Apparently I have used my e-mail for one too many forms. Now I get TONS of spam, more and more of which is making it through the spam filter to my inbox. I've had this account for a long time and really don't want to create a new one. Is there anything I can do to keep more of this junk out?

I get far less than I used to. I use the "Junk mail" or "adult content" feature in Outlook, and that seems to have helped quite a bit. I also figured out that I'm not supposed to actually "unsubscribe" from one of those places. I did that when I first started doing e-mail.:blush: Yahoo's Spam feature seems to work well, too, as I hardly ever see spam there, either.

I get far less than I used to. I use the "Junk mail" or "adult content" feature in Outlook, and that seems to have helped quite a bit. I also figured out that I'm not supposed to actually "unsubscribe" from one of those places. I did that when I first started doing e-mail.:blush: Yahoo's Spam feature seems to work well, too, as I hardly ever see spam there, either.

I'm not sure which places are "those places", but I have found unsubscribing to be very efficient in reducing my spam. I'm talking about catalog companies and other businesses that send me advertisements. If I don't want their e-mails, I go to the bottom of their e-mail, and click on "unsubscribe". I never hear from them again.

I'm not talking about "adult content" spam. I don't get any of that, so I'm not experienced with ending it.

I did make a mistake clicking on a link in a message that appeared to be from the military, regarding the GI Bill. I have since been inundated with e-mails from little colleges and technical schools and other places thinking I want to go to school. But, one-by-one, I've gotten rid of them by unsubscribing.