Menu

Ipod audiobook help needed

I've put about 7 books onto my ipod. They are all kids books, so I hadn't listened to them, I was prepping them for our very long plane ride back to the states. I looked at it today and they are all in my audiobook section, but each track set up alphabetical, not in order.

And it's all the tracks for all the books. For instance, a track of SOTW volume 1 that started with an "A" would be followed by a track from Pooh Bear that starts with a "B" and then a track from SOTW Volume 2 that started with a "C".

Also, under audio books, instead of having the 7 books listed, it just lists track after track after track from each book all mixed together alphabetically.

As it stands now, I can't just let the kiddo listen to Pooh or SOTW or anything on the plane, because he'll get 4 minutes of one thing and then anothe random 2 minute track from another book and then a 3 minute track from a thrid book.

How do I fix this? We fly out Saturday and it's a 36 hour trip!

Edited by Renthead Mommy

OK, I think what you will need to do is begin a new playlist for each book. (File --> New Playlist)

Then - look up that book in your iTunes search engine - and it should list JUST that book - in the correct order.

Click "select all" or ctrlA on your computer. Then drag-and-drop that book into the playlist you've already created for that book.

Do the same for the rest of the books (to their OWN playlists).

Then, clear your iPod of the previously listed stuff.

Then, drag-and-drop each of your playlists up to your iPod and the books should list there correctly.

I hope that makes sense! Good luck!

OK, I think what you will need to do is begin a new playlist for each book. (File --> New Playlist)

Then - look up that book in your iTunes search engine - and it should list JUST that book - in the correct order.

Click "select all" or ctrlA on your computer. Then drag-and-drop that book into the playlist you've already created for that book.

Do the same for the rest of the books (to their OWN playlists).

Then, clear your iPod of the previously listed stuff.

Then, drag-and-drop each of your playlists up to your iPod and the books should list there correctly.

I hope that makes sense! Good luck!

Even easier - shift-click the audiobook chapters - then select, "New Playlist from Selection". It names it with the author & title!

I just had to do this myself - ye gads that audiobook list is useless on the iPod.

Also, when you go to import them from CD, if you want to make the disk "one big file" (since the iPod will remember where you left off you don't need all those tiny sections), select the stuff you want joined in the import window - then go up to Advanced and select "Join Tracks" and that will all go in as one. You will have to fix the name - it joins all the names together. But it is nicer than having 1a, 1b, 1,c, etc like i've had on some CDs.

Gee, can you tell what i've been doing this week? LOL!

Thanks!

Both of you were very helpful.

I think I'm set for the plane ride. This child would listen to Winnie the pooh every night if I let him! I couldn't imagine this upcoming plane ride, or getting settled into the new house without Pooh!

One other tip for the plane ride. If the iPod was set up with a limit on volume, you might want to take that off so it is easier to hear over the engine noise. My kids found their shuffles were very hard to hear over the jets. I think on some iPods the controls are right on the iPod, but on the shuffle, I needed to make the change with the shuffle plugged into the computer so I could adjust settings.