Menu

xpost/ I forgot one of the IDEA Rules...

No, if you get testing on your own, the school will be under no obligation to pay for it.

You can file a complaint. There are a couple of things to do first.

Step one, is school still in session? If not, they get an extension. You'll have to check exactly what the rules are in your state, but they will have until next school year and probably some extra time after school starts.

Step two, if they are still in session, write a letter to the school. This is for documentation. Let them them know that they have missed their deadline, that you know they have missed their deadline and that you will be filing a complaint :001_smile:.

Now you are ready to file your complaint. You'll have to look up the information on how to do this in your state.

Good luck!

Thanks Debbie, yes they are still in session. I did email to notify they have missed their deadline.

I think I will give one more wk. because I think Spring Break fell in there. They have til 15 til school is out.

I positively know they have not even started.

Wow, school goes late wherever you are :001_smile: Ps has been out for over a week here.

Yes, get a copy of the district calendar, it is probably on the website, and count days school has been in session and find out exactly what the date is. Then send them a letter on that date. I would send it to your child's case manager (if you know who that is - the school will have one), the principal of the school the child would be in, the process coordinator who is over this (preschool, special ed, one for that building whoever will be in charge), and the superintendent. You want them all to know that you are about to file a complaint on them. Odds are you will hear from them VERY quickly, but if not, file.

Debbie,

Thank you.

Whats funny is on their special ed website for the district they have a 60 day calendar and they specifically state they dont apply holidays.

I pre drafted an email, I will send Tuesday. And I will send a copy to the superintendent. The case mgr. if the problem. This lady has not done one thing for this child. She is so lazy.

I put in a phone call and said I expect a phone call Monday. I know she wont call. I also, called an atty to ask about fees. Sometimes it just takes an atty to sit in on a mtg. to stir things up.

I hate when they think you are bluffing. Its just like playing poker.

Thanks again.