Menu

Elementeo Chemistry Game

Has anyone bought this for their child? Is it worth it? I would love to include some games for my eighth grade son next year as he learns physical science. If you have any better suggestions, I would love hear about those too.

http://www.elementeo.com/

Thanks!

There are two very similar games so one might suit more than the other, depending on your ds.

Element-O is like Monopoly with the elements as the properties. Each card has details about the element. Players move around the board acquiring the elements.

Elementeo is similar but the individual cards feature characters whose powers or abilities are based on that element. (Perhaps iron would be strong, for instance.) This game has more of a story to it than straight-forward monopoly-style.

Ymmv, but games that involve our subjects are a nice variation on the learning around here.

CPO has The Atom Game, which consists of at least 3 different games. I didn't buy the supplemetal teacher's guide to the game. It may have a few more. The game focuses on how atoms are constructed. It's good, but NOT inexpensive.

CPO also has periodic table tiles to play with in many ways, inncluding building molecules. I didn't buy those.

It's not a chemistry course in the form of a game but it's fun and it helps them remember the elements. The kids that would be attracted to it are ones who like strategy games and pokemon/yu-gi-oh type of games. My 8 yo son and his like-minded friends love it. He has learned many of the elements and their properties from playing the game and it has sparked an interest in learning more. My daughter, on the otherhand, is not interested in the least

CPO has The Atom Game, which consists of at least 3 different games. I didn't buy the supplemetal teacher's guide to the game. It may have a few more. The game focuses on how atoms are constructed. It's good, but NOT inexpensive.

CPO also has periodic table tiles to play with in many ways, inncluding building molecules. I didn't buy those.

Where did you purchase it? It was seeing this at the CPO site that helped spark the idea for getting a game for this part of our curriculum.

Thanks!

It's not a chemistry course in the form of a game but it's fun and it helps them remember the elements. The kids that would be attracted to it are ones who like strategy games and pokemon/yu-gi-oh type of games. My 8 yo son and his like-minded friends love it. He has learned many of the elements and their properties from playing the game and it has sparked an interest in learning more. My daughter, on the otherhand, is not interested in the least

And that's all I really want from this game. We've collected a lot of games over the years and some were fun but really had nothing to do with whatever we were learning and others were huge duds when it came to the fun factor. My son still likes to collect pokemon and yu-gi-oh cards and was excited when I showed him this game so it's great to know that it will teach him the elements and be fun to boot.

Thanks!!

Where did you purchase it? It was seeing this at the CPO site that helped spark the idea for getting a game for this part of our curriculum.

Thanks!

I've only seen it at CPO. The board, being 3-D, would be difficult to make. There are also cards for 2 of the 3 games that would make a do-it-your-self game difficult.