Menu

My house is under contract!

My house has been up for sale for nearly 8 months now. It's been a total roller-coaster with offers (yea!) that have fallen through (dang!), etc. Last night we accepted an offer that is solid, without them needing to sell their house, for a price we are happy with. The only "problem" is that they want to close in three weeks. So I have three weeks to find somewhere to move my family, not sure where just yet.

But I have to say, I am SO grateful to have this problem! I have been praying for 8 months to have this problem! YEA! (We're probably headed to my mom's basement, at least for a few weeks, until we can find a house we're excited about). It's going to be a crazy few weeks, getting everything ready, but again, it's craziness I'm so grateful to be having.

My house has been up for sale for nearly 8 months now. It's been a total roller-coaster with offers (yea!) that have fallen through (dang!), etc. Last night we accepted an offer that is solid, without them needing to sell their house, for a price we are happy with. The only "problem" is that they want to close in three weeks. So I have three weeks to find somewhere to move my family, not sure where just yet.

But I have to say, I am SO grateful to have this problem! I have been praying for 8 months to have this problem! YEA! (We're probably headed to my mom's basement, at least for a few weeks, until we can find a house we're excited about). It's going to be a crazy few weeks, getting everything ready, but again, it's craziness I'm so grateful to be having.

Woohoo!!!! :party:

CONGRATS on your contract!!! :hurray:

I think we are going to try and short sell ours..... woopee.

Us too. We've been in communication with our mortgage co to find out if we qualify for any of the housing assistance from Obama's plan. They just finally sent us a pkg we have to fill out and then they will decide on lowering our payment. Problem is, unless they pretty much cut it in half, it won't work for our income level. So we're going to send it all in, and pray they lower the pymt enough, and if not try to short sell. My understanding is that we need their approval to short sell it, so I still don't know if that will work. Sigh. And I am NOT looking forward to all the cleaning and organizing and painting, etc, that we need to do!