Menu

Is anyone else bothered by the number of errors in Horizons math?

rafiki

Where are you finding errors? In the TM? I think we've only noted a handful of errors in the books from k-6 -- but I'm not using the TM to check either...

I use the TM from levels 4-6, and before that I just check it myself. But I only use the TM for the answer key. I find several errors each year, probably around 5, but that's pretty normal for a math curriculum. Whenever my kids get something wrong, I always check to make sure the answer key is right, LOL!

I do occasionally find questions or exercises that I think are poorly worded, but overall we've been very happy with Horizons.

Merry :-)

:iagree:It drove me crazy, but that's because I NEED the TG to check my dd's work. They also had some weird typo's in the TG where it was obvious something went wrong at printing. It's less expensive than others so maybe that's why I put up with it for a while? We switched for other reasons, but the mistakes did bother me.

We never used the TG except when the question doesn't make sense, so I hadn't noticed any errors yet. :/ I will say, in Horizons 2 that we did this year, I was annoyed when they got 'less' and 'fewer' mixed up all the time in word problems. Drove me bonkers. LOL. I just crossed out the wrong words and wrote in the correct ones. If my kid were older we'd have had an impromptu English lesson out of it.