Menu

I am a carb addict! UGH!

I am such a carb addict. People don't always realize that I do low carb diets because if I eat a few carbs, I will crave a ton of carbs. I really have to have a very low carb count or I feel like I am starving all day. grrrrr.

Funny you posted this as I am about to sit down and craft a diet for myself that will restrict carbs (of the mostly wheat variety). I want to focus on 12-1400 cals a day, and mostly fruits and veggies and proteins, but with a few carbs thown in to keep the cravings at bay. i am going to use the South Beach Diet book as a guide.

What diet are you starting? Your own or a store bought one? Wanna start some kind of accounability thread or group so we can keep track of eachother...or anyone else wanting to get started?

I'm fat and I'm not going to take it anymore!:tongue_smilie:

What diet are you starting? Your own or a store bought one? Wanna start some kind of accounability thread or group so we can keep track of eachother...or anyone else wanting to get started?

I was thinking of Somersizing. It is food combining basically. Fruits eaten alone, and you don't mix your protien/fat meals with carbs. The carbs are usually oatmeal with ff milk. Some people restrict the carbs in the beginning if they are really carb sensitive like me

Funny you posted this as I am about to sit down and craft a diet for myself that will restrict carbs (of the mostly wheat variety). I want to focus on 12-1400 cals a day, and mostly fruits and veggies and proteins, but with a few carbs thown in to keep the cravings at bay. i am going to use the South Beach Diet book as a guide.

What diet are you starting? Your own or a store bought one? Wanna start some kind of accountability thread or group so we can keep track of eachother...or anyone else wanting to get started?

Hi! I'm Peggy and I'm a cross addicted carb/caffeine addict.:)

I wasn't planning on going on a diet, but if someone wants to start an accountability thread I game. Lord knows I could stand to loose a good 30 or so pounds.

A few years ago I tried South Beach, and it kind of worked. It took me 4 weeks to loose 4 pounds; but that was due to my monthly salt/chocolate cravings. Really bad time to start a diet, and I blame "falling off the wagon" on my dss. How in the world do they expect their mother to loose weight when they keep begging for cookies? Don't they know if they're in the house I will eat them. They may have been purchased for the little darlings, but we all know whose lips they pass through and on whose hips they rest.