Menu

So would you use the H.A. Guerber books in place of SOTW or MOH, or beside them?

deeinfl

I just found out about these and loved the sample pages at CBD. Please tell me how you are using them and what age ranges are you using them with?

Do you plan to use them by themselves, or with something like SOTW or MOH, or as a spine and add literature readers?

Blessings and many thanks!

Dee in Sunny FL! :001_smile:

Last year I used the Geurber Greek and Rome books along with K12's History Odyssey. It was a good combination. I think they would also work well with SOTW, but we had already used it as it was our 2nd time through.

I did find though that my kids found the Geurber books very dry until i read them aloud. As read alouds they came alive for us- as independent reading, even though my kids were then 12 and 13, they didn't like them.

Last year I used the Geurber Greek and Rome books along with K12's History Odyssey. It was a good combination. I think they would also work well with SOTW, but we had already used it as it was our 2nd time through.

I did find though that my kids found the Geurber books very dry until i read them aloud. As read alouds they came alive for us- as independent reading, even though my kids were then 12 and 13, they didn't like them.

Thank you. This is helpful.

The Guerber books are a good spine for logic stage, although we actually started with Story of the 13 Colonies in 3rd grade. I read them aloud and dd really enjoys them. I add in SOTW chapters for the subjects that Guerber doesn't cover--China, Japan, India, etc. I also add LOTS of literature from the library. I usually choose a book or two for required reading, some for read-alouds, and others as optional, fun reading.