Menu

Easy Grammar Plus....end of the line

charmama4

This past year I used EG and DG with my 7th grader and plan on using the EGplus next year. But, then that's it, nothing more beyond EGplus. Now what???

I need some advice and suggestions on what is out there that is more on the secular side of the grammar curriculum spectrum for 9th graders and up. I do like the idea of diagramming. Loved it when I did it in high school. TIA

Easy grammar is writing a highschool grammar series. i don't know how that compares to EG plus though. There is also Jensen's grammar that you could do or analytical grammar if you just want to continue with grammar and reinforce it. I kind of like the idea of doing different programs in highschool to see different methods. Plus I just don't retain grammar well, so I want my kids to be able to do it in their sleep even if that means repeating things. My oldest is only 5 and we are doing FLL1 so I could change my mind by that point:tongue_smilie:But as for now I plan to use multiple programs in highschool too.

Are you *sure* your dc will need yet another year of grammar??? Theoretically, there would be lots of writing going on where your dc would use that grammar knowledge, yes?

If you're convinced more grammar is necessary, you could check out EPS's Stewart English Program. Janet in WA really likes it.

I really think (at least my oldest) will need a year or two more of grammar just on the premise that before I pulled him out of PS (last year)he didn't know what an adjective was. Although, your link brought me to a math program, LOL, I will check out the grammar program you suggested. Thank you for your input.:D

Easy grammar is writing a highschool grammar series. i don't know how that compares to EG plus though. There is also Jensen's grammar that you could do or analytical grammar if you just want to continue with grammar and reinforce it. I kind of like the idea of doing different programs in highschool to see different methods. Plus I just don't retain grammar well, so I want my kids to be able to do it in their sleep even if that means repeating things. My oldest is only 5 and we are doing FLL1 so I could change my mind by that point:tongue_smilie:But as for now I plan to use multiple programs in highschool too.

I saw that they had a complete series on the Daily Grams but not (at least not yet) the Easy Grammar book series. I'll keep my eye out for the extended EG series. I was planning on using the DG's through 12grade, but who knows I may come across something else;) I'll look into Jensen's Grammar, thanks for the suggestion.

Thinking Through Grammar.

I had been resistent to it originally because it's so easy to implement. It has been very nice though :) You could do all 4 high school levels in 2 years....or just do grammar only half of the number of days in a school year to have it take 4.

Thinking Through Grammar,hmmm. Why, may I ask, were you resistent if the program was easy to implement? I mean, if it's easy why the resistence? I'll check into this as well, thank you.

I saw that they had a complete series on the Daily Grams but not (at least not yet) the Easy Grammar book series. I'll keep my eye out for the extended EG series. I was planning on using the DG's through 12grade, but who knows I may come across something else;) I'll look into Jensen's Grammar, thanks for the suggestion.

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1242310916-589394&subject=7&category=1301

Rainbow has the Easy Grammar Ultimate series for sale. It looks like all of them except 12th grade have been published.

HTH-

Mandy

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1242310916-589394&subject=7&category=1301

Rainbow has the Easy Grammar Ultimate series for sale. It looks like all of them except 12th grade have been published.

HTH-

Mandy

This helps immensely, thank you!! I misunderstood how their series worked, DG's....EG's....ultimate series.....Thanks again.