Menu

What is with the green or gray dots by our usernames?

The dots tell you who is online at the time. (Green means on the forum, gray is offline.)

Rep points: I think everyone starts with 10,and then you can give them by clicking on the little scale thing on a person's post. Not too familiar with rep points, so someone else can chime in here...

Dots indicate who is online right now and who isn't. If you see a green dot, that person is online and viewing the WTM site. If you see a gray dot, that person is either not online or has clicked the box in her control panel that "hides" her when she's viewing.

Rep is just "attaboy" points we can give each other by clicking on the little "scales of justice" thing at the top right of an individual post. You can practice on me, if you like. Just click on the scales, select "I approve," type in a nice thing like "PariSarah, you're the bomb!" and then your name, and hit submit. ;)

You could be mean and nasty and give "I disapprove" points and leave no name, but only cowards, trolls, and mean-stupid-heads do that. :D:D

Oh, and if you care that people are giving you rep, you hit "User Control Panel" toward the top left of the screen, in the blue bar. That takes you to a screen that shows you the last five rep messages people left you.

Oh, and if you care that people are giving you rep, you hit "User Control Panel" toward the top left of the screen, in the blue bar. That takes you to a screen that shows you the last five rep messages people left you.

Where exactly is this? I went under the User Control Panel and couldn't find anything for rep messages.