4 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 janineerrn

janineerrn

Just Visiting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hello. I used Christian Classical Theory to home school my children starting in the late 80"s. Back then social services would come to my home at least 3 times every year because my children were kept out of pubic school. We also had no internet. Here I am, after raising and schooling 2 wonderful children, home schooling my 8 year-old granddaughter. My daughter passed away and I obtained custody.

Home schooling was not the plan but I pulled her out of private school on October 9th. I just couldn't take it anymore. So for the past 2 weeks I have been figuring out what she needs, what she missed, and relaxing. My granddaughter is active in church, is taking piano, and is learning to ride horses, (English, Hunter/Jumper). She plays softball in the Spring every year. She has plenty of friends and family.  And yes, I already get the socialization questions from people. I tactlessly roll my eyes and ignore them. At this point in my life I am not even going to waste my energy on their ignorance. Go back to the herd little sheep and carry on with consuming.......

I work from home doing mass casualty and catastrophic injury medical case management supervision and teaching for a national company. I am very fortunate. I am trusting that this will fall into place.  I am textbook hunting. I am glad to have found these forums!!

Nice to Meet You!!

Janine

Edited by janineerrn, 24 October 2017 - 08:29 PM.

• lmrich, Element and Stibalfamily like this

#2 emzhengjiu

emzhengjiu

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1828 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forums! There are a lot of people here who can help.

#3 Mommyof1

Mommyof1

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

HI Janine,

ElizabethB on this board has a website called the phonics page. She has grade level reading tests to check where her reading level is at. It's free download. She has a lot on her site if you wish to check it out.

http://www.thephonic...ggradeleve.html

My daughter is almost 5 even though I research a lot of curriculum and already know what I will do for her in elementary. I don't personally have experience with that age curriculum.
  • janineerrn likes this

#4 Mommyof1

Mommyof1

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

There is Memoria Press that teaches using the Classical Christian method.

https://www.memoriapress.com
  • janineerrn likes this

#5 Melissa in Australia

Melissa in Australia

Amateur at everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11411 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

Welcome