Menu

Have you used Uber -- from a laptop?

Alicia64

I don't have a smart phone. There's a site that lets you use Uber -- call for a ride -- and I made a mistake and ordered one before I was ready.

I thought it would let me set a time -- and it just said "coming in 3 mins."

Oops!

So I cancelled it as fast as I could. Then I got a notice on my email that they'd charge me $5. Not the biggest deal but I thought I had cancelled within two mins.

If you're just learning how to use this program, don't they cut you some slack?

Thanks for any advice!!

Alley

• Like 1

My guess is that that if you had the Uber App on a Smartphone it would have done the same and cost you 5 dollars. I used a similar App 3 days ago to request a taxi and it required me to confirm that I wanted that taxi pick me up. My Accountant said she uses Uber and it's similar.

Sent from my SM-G355M using Tapatalk

I didn't know they had an app now for a laptop.  But what you describe doesn't surprise me.  When you order one from a smartphone, it is for right now.  If it is arriving and you decide to cancel it, you pay $5.00.  You get no practice-runs!

• Like 1

@Alley   And here I thought I was the last person in the Americas, to move from a Dumb phone to a Smart phone.  After you get a Smart phone, install the Uber App if you want to use Uber.  I think on the first ride you might get a 10 or 15 dollar discount?