Menu

Kindle: is this a silly idea?

So, I have the following problem with my kindle ereader, both for me and for the kids.  

I forget what's on there, so it doesn't get read.  I have quite a few older books that were free, that I just mass downloaded at one time.  

My idea is to print out the jacket pictures and the back-of-the-book blurb and store these in binders.  I love to just browse my own bookshelves, and the kids do as well, but we are missing a lot of kindle options because digging around in the kindle is so annoying.

Has anyone done something like this?   

• Like 1

If that works for you, go for it.  You could also organize your books into collections on the Kindle making each collection a "shelf."

:iagree: 

I use my Goodreads To Read shelf for this. But I like the binder idea too, especially for kids books/read aloud on Kindle. It would give them something concrete to see.......maybe I should do this with my Audible books and it would give them inspiration for which book to listen to! We have the same problem with audiobooks. I stock up on sales and then they get buried between all of our books on the app. 

Do you do Pinterest? I have a kids books board on there so I have a visual list I can look through, but then you don't have to deal with a hard copy.

No reason you can't have a binder if you want one, though. :)

:iagree:

I use my Goodreads To Read shelf for this. But I like the binder idea too, especially for kids books/read aloud on Kindle. It would give them something concrete to see.......maybe I should do this with my Audible books and it would give them inspiration for which book to listen to! We have the same problem with audiobooks. I stock up on sales and then they get buried between all of our books on the app. 

Pinterest is a good idea!

Yes, I have the same problem with audiobooks.  lol.  Good idea to do something about that as well.  

• Like 2

The Kindle app shows all the book covers in full color in a rolling Rolex fashion. I always read on my Paperwhite and I have all my books organized into categories, but sometimes I peruse the covers in the app to remind me more clearly what I have.

• Like 1

If that works for you, go for it.  You could also organize your books into collections on the Kindle making each collection a "shelf."

I did this, sorta... But is it possible to then see a list of *only* those books that have **not** yet been assigned to a collection? We have hundreds of kindle books, and I originally assigned a bunch to collections, but then only in a spotty way since then, so the collections are incomplete. But I can't figure out how to see which books still need to be put in a collection.

I did this, sorta... But is it possible to then see a list of *only* those books that have **not** yet been assigned to a collection? We have hundreds of kindle books, and I originally assigned a bunch to collections, but then only in a spotty way since then, so the collections are incomplete. But I can't figure out how to see which books still need to be put in a collection.

When you sort by collection, it should show only books that haven't been put in a collection on the home screen.