Menu

AMC 10 at local school - who do I call?

I plan to have my son take the AMC 10 in Feb. I see the look-up tool on the AMC site to see which local schools are offering it or offered it in the past. Question is - who do I call at these schools? Who do I ask for?

In my limited experience with questions re: PSAT/AP - they are not overtly helpful to 'homeschoolers' around here. So I think if I can patch my way straight to the right person (maybe a math coach or something), it would be more helpful than just going the Admin route.

TIA!

Yes, go directly to the math department! The front office at a high school isn't even likely to know about AMCs anyway. I asked a math teacher who lives in my neighborhood back when my son was interested in taking the exams. He told me who to get in touch with in his department, and it was super easy to set up testing.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I'd try calling the AMC headquarters & ask for the contact info of test administrators in your area.

Good luck!

• Like 1

In our state, the law mandates inclusion of homeschoolers, so I started with the District Superintendent (we've learned that staff at the school level have a very difficult time comprehending "thou shalt." :glare: )  He sent me to the high school math teacher who is the coach of the math club.  So, basically, I agree with the posters above UNLESS you have a law like ours, in which case I would start at the top and then name drop.