Menu

Best case for iPad Air2?

Ds was just given an iPad Air2. We need to get it in a case asap (ds isn't using it until then). I've been looking around Amazon and checking some out but there are too many to know which are good, better or bad.

I'm looking for one that protects from falls and covers the buttons and ports (extra points if the screen is covered when not in use). 

eta - this is for ds with Autism and other developmental/cognitive delays.

Edited by PuddleJumper1

Do you want something with a built-in handle or a strap?  Or a cover?  Also price the covers on ebay, because you might find a deal.  

Covers are kind of personal with what features you need.  I realized I didn't like a screencover or bulk.  Mine is a folio style, and my ds and others I've bought cases for are happy with folio style.  You can literally pick them up for $10 on ebay.  But if you want a strap, something with a lot of grip to it, something waterproof, that will drive your choice.  I've seen SN kids with some really awesome cases like that.  

Yup, just google autism ipad cases and you'll see.  They can have handles, have really attractive covers with shoulder straps, etc.  It's just whatever you need.

• Like 1

Maroo - Cases, Covers, and Accessories for iPad, Kindle 3 and Android tablets

Mine is not an air 2, but I have my ipad in a maroo, yes.  If you believe youtube, it will survive being shot through the air in a human size slingshot by drunk fools.  Mine has survived plenty of falls and being slammed down by my ds.  But that's not really extreme.  At least it will let you see what I mean by folio.  Then if you want a less expensive folio (not as nice, but less expensive and fine for what it is) look at Finte on ebay.  I've bought a bunch of finte cases and they're fine for just a thin leather folio.  Not waterproof or bringing other features, but fine.

Does he want a keyboard?

• Like 1

Thanks to you both!

My main desire is to have one that has a cover that folds over the ipad when not in use. It'll spend a lot of time going in and out of backpacks and bags going to and from therapy. Protection is a secondary need. He's had a kindle for 5 years and never broken it but this is much bigger and a lot more expensive. Not worried about water protection but drop protection would be a plus. no need for a handle or strap. 

I have a case called lifeproof. With 6 kids and me (the most awkward and forgetful person on the planet) we needed something tough. It is waterproof to 6 feet, snow proof, fall resistant, and basically everything proof. It has survived many falls with only a crack in the cover. The iPad is fine. I've spilled everything on the sun on it, no problems. It is huge and ugly, but it has survived me and the kids for 3 years now. I got it at the Apple Store. It was not cheap, but it has saved my poor iPad from many a disaster.