Menu

Taking a College Off ACT

Arch at Home

DD took the ACT this morning at the local high school. She and her friend had a hard time concentrating due to the fact that other test takers began talking partially through each section and particularly during the Science section. In addition, DD was surprised when they were given the written section. She put her top choice down to have scores sent to because this school Super Scores and she had done well enough on her practice exam that she felt confident that she would increase her scores. Now, she is not so sure. Is it possible to log into her account and not have the scores from this exam sent to any colleges?

Sarah

I do not have an answer to your question. Have you tried logging into the account?

In any case, your DD should report the irregularities to ACT. They need to now that the school does not do an adequate job administering and proctoring the exam. And the school should be informed that their proctors are not doing their job.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 5

I wish we could lodge a complaint but she is dual enrolled in this public high school and the local CC. This was only the second time she had set foot in this school. I suspect that it would not be a good idea politically as I have two more I want to go through this program.

Dd did log into her account but the test isn't on there. Her counselor signed her up so I am assuming that it hasn't gone through yet. Dd is going to call ACT tomorrow and see what can be done. Luckily DD thinks she improved her Math and Writing scores despite the noise. Unfortunately her writing isn't near as good as as her other scores and she doesn't need it for any school currently on her list.

Thanks!

Edited by Arch at Home
  • Like 1

My dc have taken the test free at the local public school through state testing, too. The student will not have an account they can log into.

I'm not sure if the school could take the choice off for her (you could ask but you might have to tell them why), but if you call the ACT folks they might be able to.

I understand the politics thing. We had to bite our tongue a few times to cooperate with the local school, as they pay for DE courses.

MerryatHope, it would be possible. In talking to dd, it was definitely an issue of timing and crowd control. They did all 5 sections and only provided apple slices for a group of kids used to eating at 11:30 and many didn't want to be there anyways.

Dd called ACT today. They said that she could contact the school and see if they still had the tests. If they still had it, she could have them pull the test and take the college off. Everyone is pretty doubtful that would work so we have to let it go through.

Dd thinks that I am worrying too much. I am starting to need to find myself a diversion. :-)

Thanks for all the help.