Menu

eBay and Sniping services

Lanny

Awhile back, there was a thread on WTM about Sniping on eBay. Usually, I buy things that are "Buy it Now".  Yesterday, I had been looking at the listing for a laptop that is much more powerful than the one my wife has, because she is a "Gamer".  There were no bids on it. About 10 minutes before the Auction ended, I went in and told her about it. By the time I found my eBay login information and got logged into Gixen (free Sniping service) and placed my bid, the auction had ended. I have very little $ in my PayPal account at the moment and the winning bid was $31.76 more than my bid would have been, had it been submitted earlier..  This is the information you should know about that auction:

There were 3 bidders. There were 6 bids. All of the bidding was done during the last 30 - 60  seconds of the auction.  It was a 7 day auction. If I had tried to participate earlier, I would have been the 4th bidder.   All 3 bidders were (almost positively) Sniping.

After the next transfer of funds into my PayPal account is done, I will add the  Gixen Sniping service to the web sites I have in my LastPass and then I will be able to log in to Gixen much more quickly in the future.  And, I will give GIxen the information about my bid much earlier, so they can submit it on time (during the last 5 seconds of the auction).

http://www.gixen.com/index.php

Yep, I almost always use esnipe and have it automatically place my bid about 4 seconds before auction end.  It's saved me money and helped me win auctions that I otherwise would not have won. It's totally worth the $0.25 for each winning bid.  (It costs a little more for items over $24.99 and is free if I don't win.)

• Like 2

Yep, I almost always use esnipe and have it automatically place my bid about 4 seconds before auction end.  It's saved me money and helped me win auctions that I otherwise would not have won. It's totally worth the $0.25 for each winning bid.  (It costs a little more for items over $24.99 and is free if I don't win.)

Esnipe is what I use, not that I bid much anymore.  But in my days of heavy bidding, it never failed me.

• Like 2