Menu

Please Tell Me about PutLocker

emzhengjiu

Today is the first time I've heard about this website with "free" movies and no subscription fee.  Is this site legal since there are new movies available such as Inside Out and San Andreas?  Wouldn't showing these movies be a copyright infringement?  We would love to watch newly released movies at no charge, but not if it means doing something wrong.  Apparently, Putlocker has been around a long time.

In a nutshell... Putlocker offers the ability to view other people's uploads of movies these other people have acquired through a variety of means, including, but not limited to copying movies they already owned in another format, pirating current released movies, and pirating not yet officially released movies.  Putlocker does not have distribution rights to these movies, and Putlocker does not upload the videos.  They simply provide links to the already uploaded movies and supposedly vet the cyber-safety of the links to these movies.  

It is illegal to pirate movies.  It is illegal to upload pirated movies.  It is, apparently, not illegal to view said pirated movies. 

Those are just the facts.  You can decide for yourself whether viewing those movies is wrong or not.

• Like 3

Based on what you've written, it seems to me that watching movies on Putlocker is participating in the probable theft of the movies.  I thought it sounded too good to be true.  We'll wait for movies to be shown at  dollar theaters or are available on DVDs. Thanks so much.

• Like 2