Menu

What vintage book is the Memoria Insect Book based on?

Zoo Keeper

Yes, I'm pretty sure Insect Life by Arabella Buckley is the book included in MP Insects.  We went through Insects last fall, but I sold the reader.  The Yesterday's Classics edition might even be better, I think it includes a lot more pictures.  The MP reader didn't have a lot of pictures.

I think the McNair Wright book might be Sea Side and Wayside, I recognize that name but I'm not absolutely positive.  The reader notes which chapters come from which books.  From a quick internet search, it looks like Wright has a lot of books under that title, so she might have worked on a series of nature study books.  

I really like Buckley's writings, we are reading through another one of her books as well.  I think her writing really holds up over time.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on McNair Wright, and the book title--I appreciate it. 

I also appreciate the Buckley endorsement.  One of my darlings is soooo hard to find reading material for, and I'm hoping some of this type of  narrative science will work for him. 

Off to google and read some more...

Thanks again!  :)

• Like 1