Menu

I'm finding it difficult to find a writing tutor who embraces the MCT style like many of us on WTM do.  I am not terribly comfortable teaching writing myself, but I can't find anyone else who really knows or understands materials by Michael Clay Thompson.  

But having read Essay Voyage twice now, I'm beginning to wonder whether I can't swing this on my own.  

While MCT is huge on this board, in the real world it seems to be unheard of.  Do any actual schools use MCT?  

Are there any math-y or science-y or non-writing people who teach writing to their kids?  Using MCT?  

Please feel free to add any thoughts or vent about teaching MCT essay writing or anything else related.  

Well, while MCT is big here on the boards, the writing portion isn't. Well, what I mean by that is that most/many find it isn't "enough" and supplement the writing with another program.

This is what we do. I feel like the MCT writing books have given us a good foundation, but then my kids need something else to apply what they've learned. We do a daily writing block using Writers Inc as a guide. It gives them a way to simply practice writing and to polish their skills.

• Like 1