Menu

I never thought I would be home educating!

I live in England and will be taking my children out of school at the Easter break. It's been weighing on our family's mind and heart for a long time. My children are happy enough at school but feel they are being left behind, they tend to be quiet. 

Feeling very blessed to be in a position to teach them at home. I have a son aged 9 in year 5 and my daughter is 6 in year 1. My youngest will continue one more year at preschool while I get my older children settled and get a good routine in place.

Looking forward to learning so much from you all here. x

Hello, Pamela

Welcome!

There aren't many Brits on the board but there are a few, and much of the advice you will get here works worldwide.  I used The Well-Trained Mind book as a general guide, but often chose different curriculum.

My biggest advice at the beginning is not to try to do too much.  I usually recommend starting off with English, maths and some form of exercise (playing at the park is fine).  Apart from that, at your children's ages, lots of library books and reading aloud, as well as whatever trips you can make, is fine.  Once the English, maths and PE are in place and you are all used to the routine, you can add in anything else.

Best regards

Laura