Menu

Khan Academy question

What is the difference between joining Khan Academy and just watching the videos?

I was thinking of having my ds watch a few of their videos, and it looks like all I have to do is click on them and he will be able to watch them, so is there a good reason to bother registering with them as well?

Thanks! :)

You can create an account as your child's coach, or you can create a parent account which allows you to monitor your dc's progress - videos watched, problems solved, scores, grade levels, etc. But they can also watch the videos without signing up   :)

It is a bit of a pill to register, but we have found it well worth the trouble.

I can assign activities to each child and I receive a weekly report detailing the amount of time spent on problems, on video watching.....it even breaks it down for me exactly which activites and videos were accessed.

You can create an account as your child's coach, or you can create a parent account which allows you to monitor your dc's progress - videos watched, problems solved, scores, grade levels, etc. But they can also watch the videos without signing up   :)

It is a bit of a pill to register, but we have found it well worth the trouble.

I can assign activities to each child and I receive a weekly report detailing the amount of time spent on problems, on video watching.....it even breaks it down for me exactly which activites and videos were accessed.

Thanks!!! :)

I don't think we would use any of the extra features at this point, but if ds was younger, it sounds like there would have been many advantages to creating an account.

My ds doesn't need any of the accountability stuff, and I would only have him watch videos if he was having difficulty with something specific in his regular schoolwork (we're using American School for high school,) so I think I'll pass on registering and just let him watch the videos for now.

Thanks again!!!