Menu

How independent is FLL 3? CAP W&R? WWE 3?

blondeviolin

FLL & WWE = completely Mom dependent

W&R = mixture of Mom dependent and independent writing - My DD and I spend some solid together time first, and then she usually gets to a place she can go off on her own and finish.

WWE and FLL are completely dependant on you although there is a student workbook for fll3 and 4 so maybe they are less dependant then. They are quick though.

We have just started EiW level 3 and I think it could be somewhat independant for some children.

FLL3 changes by adding a workbook (so there is writing), BUT... It's still mom going through a script and asking questions, as the child writes the answers down. There is ZERO independent work in it. I can't remember, but I think WWE3 changes over to the kid reading the passage and then Mom asking the questions? So I guess that's ever so slightly independent for a minute. :lol:

W&R has a lot more independent bits. There are parts that you need to sit and discuss, but there are some questions they can do on their own, and also the writing portion doesn't require you once you have explained what they need to do.

There are more independent programs out there for these subjects. FLL/WWE just aren't at all independent at any level. WWS begins some possibly independent stuff, but most kids will probably need a lot of hand holding with it unless they're starting it in 7th grade and up. :tongue_smilie:

I dropped FLL because of the dependence factor. 3rd grade was when I needed a little less mom-intensive stuff so I could focus a bit on the younger kids also. I think at that time, I used R&S English 4 for a bit. That required me to go over new material, then send him off to do assigned exercises. I really liked doing that at that age. Now in 5th grade, he's able to do a lot more independently.